Competency – SfSAP presentation at the Kilmer Conference 2022
The SfSAP will be well represented at the upcoming Kilmer conference in Athens Greece – June 13 – 16 June 2022. We are planning an interactive presentation titled: A structured pathway to support, attract, retain and develop professionals involved in E2E sterility.
The Society for Sterility Assurance Professionals (SfSAP) is a professional association formed in collaboration with iia, AAMI, ASTM and PDA. SfSAP is dedicated to the advancement of professionals that work in E2E sterility assurance in the healthcare industry
SfSAP has developed Learning Frameworks that can be used by managers, mentors, and individuals involved in sterility assurance in the following areas
- Microbiological aspects of sterility assurance for healthcare products
- Radiation Sterilization
- Gas Sterilization
- Heat Sterilization
- Aseptic Processing
- Packaging & Sterile Barrier Systems
The frameworks support the healthcare sterilization industry in the following ways:
- Assists individuals to create, plan and advance their careers.
- Supports employers meet regulatory requirements by providing career development pathways for staff.
- Support regulators in helping them determine the elements of training required to meet competency as defined in the MDSAP.
- Supports Education Delivery Organisations (EDO) by helping them develop training which is in line with the needs of the industry, and support the planning and advancement of sterilization professionals in their careers
The presentation will outline how the documents created by SfSAP can be used to provide a structured pathway to support, attract, retain and develop professionals involved in E2E sterility. It will end by explaining how interested parties can engage with the initiative.